Skip to main content

Happy Holidays from Tsai Family, 2013!





Dear family and friends,

Another year has flown by so quickly. Earlier this year, we celebrated the year of the snake, which Chinese zodiac sign I share with my youngest daughter. In 2013, our family reached new milestones with the arrival of the newest addition to our family, Blake Lin. All of sudden, we became parents, uncles and aunts, and even grandparents. As if that were not enough, we topped off this glorious year with the announcement of Melinda's mission call. Somehow, in addition to our trip to Utah, we managed to endure the exhausting tasks of selling our house of 12 years and downsizing to a townhouse nearer to work and church. Li-Fang and I joined the Mormon Choir of Greater Washington. It seems that our blessings have been even more amazing than last year.






In January, with encouragement from Li-Fang and with a lot of luck, I was able to join the Mormon Choir of Greater Washington as a baritone. By participating in the rehearsals and concerts, I have personally learned much about singing and have discovered more sense of fulfillment in my life. In the spring, while Li-Fang was in Utah helping Jessica with the baby, I spent much of my time alone cleaning the old house and packing boxes. Each day was physically grueling and mentally exhausting. In addition, the demanding and often ridiculous paperwork almost pushed me to the edge of insanity. Finally, it was all worth it every ounce of pain and sweat. In July we were able to move into our new dream home, closer to my office and to church. We still miss our old house and neighborhood, but we are grateful for our new lives in our new home. Becoming a grandfather was a huge change in my life, the biggest since becoming a father. I am the first to admit that being a grandparent of such a cute little boy is very fun and satisfying. It has given me more insight into the blessings of eternal families. Finally, I am grateful for the choice that my daughter has made in deciding to serve a mission. I thank God for the blessings this year has brought to our family.  



I would like to sing for you this song, as if you were next to me:

"Let There Be Peace On Earth"
Let there be peace on earth, And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth, The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father, Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother, In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take, Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment, And live each moment With peace eternally. Let there be peace on earth, And let it begin with me.


Lyrics by Jill Jackson Miller and Sy Miller (1955)

I wish I will remember to be a peacemaker my whole life. Peace be with you wherever you are.




We have had a very blessed year. Henry has been working hard at Nuskin and Jessica is working on becoming a professional mom. Blake has been growing steadily and will be 8 months this month. He can sit on his own, grab everything and put it in his mouth because he has 2 little teeth. We are grateful for a supportive family to help us when Blake was just born back in April.

We have also started attending our local ward (versus the Chinese Ward) and are enjoying our time as primary teachers. We look forward to what next year brings!


 




For the past year, I've been pursuing my education as a Computer Science major with an emphasis in Animation. I have also been assisting in research for the Department of Mechanical Engineering at BYU in the development of large-scale multi-user AutoCAD systems and, in my spare time, I have been working on group and personal software development and animation projects. I am also enjoying being an uncle; Blake is growing up so fast. Looking forward to Christmas Break and a new year.



When on a two-year mission call from the prophet, one year is a dearly precious block of time. I have spent this past year in New South Wales, Australia, and if it hasn't been the most battering, testing, and gloriously rewarding experience of my life then I could probably say much more. But I'm just grateful that God has entrusted me with choice responsibility and strength, and that throughout this time I've learned better than I ever the truth of a marvelous work. There is no explanation for it. It must first be tasted, then you may know for yourself. Thank you to all who have given me support. I love you all so very much.


This past year has been an absolute roller coaster! I became an aunt, got my first job, road-tripped around California with Jonathan, and became an FHE coordinator for the YSA Asian Ward. The most significant decision I've made this year, though, was the decision to serve a mission. I had been planning on serving a mission, especially ever since the missionary age was changed to 19 for young women. I was still 17 at the time, and I got excited but still did not really think about it until later since it was still relatively far away. As this current school year approached, however, I realized that I truly did desire to serve a mission. Even though just applying and preparing for the mission has been a long and arduous process, I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to serve the Lord in the Australia Sydney South Mission alongside my cousin. I couldn't be more excited and more blessed.

The gospel is so true and Heavenly Father is truly so merciful and loving to all of His children! I am so grateful for the Savior and the gift of His birth and His Atonement for us. I know that even through our difficult times, Jesus Christ is with us every step of the way. I hope we all remember the most miraculous gift that was given to all of us as we enter these Christmas holidays.



This year, I went back to a public school after spending time with my siblings, cousins, and nephew. Parkland Magnet Middle School has many nice students and staff which I happily accepted. Getting used to grades is hard but worth it. Even though I was unable to interact much with elementary school friends during middle school, I was still able to make new ones.

I love the last few days before a long break. I cannot wait for Christmas Eve and a brand new year!


We are immensely grateful for our bounteous blessings this year. We wish each of you joy and peace throughout this coming year.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

The Tsai family,
Ben, Li-Fang, Jessica and Henry and Blake, Jonathan, Joshua, Melinda, and Megan





親愛的家人與朋友們:
    秋去冬來又近年終二零一三年,家中添新孫帶給我們無勝喜悅,吒時家中成員一個個成了父母、叔叔阿姨、甚至外公外婆。接著下一個高潮就是致慧的傳教召喚。今夏我們終於撐過了一連串發生的事情: 到猶他州給致潔坐月子處理賣掉我們住了十二年心愛的房子事宜、購置新家以便更靠近格文的工作單位和教會。秋季,麗芳跟我再度回到華盛頓摩爾門合唱團

    今年一月,我加入了大華盛頓摩爾門合唱團,唱男中音。通過參加排練和音樂會,我個人學到了很多關於歌唱和發現應驗在我的生命更有意義。在春天,當麗芳在猶他州幫助致潔帶寶寶,我花了很多時間打掃老房子和裝箱。每天精力疲竭,,幾乎把我推到瘋狂的邊緣。但最後,每一滴汗水都是值得的。今年七月,我們搬進了夢想的新居,五分鐘到我的辦公室,七分鐘到教堂,美哉。我們仍然懷念老房子和舊鄰居。現今生活上最大的變化就是成為祖父,成為一個可愛的小男孩的祖父,我非常快樂和滿足,讓我更深入地了解家庭永恆的祝福。最後,我很高興我女兒決定去傳教。我感謝神今年賜給我們全家的祝福
    我想為你唱這首歌,就好像你在我旁邊:

讓世上充滿和平

讓世上充滿和平,從我開始。
讓世上充滿和平,是那原有的和平。 
上天既是我們的父,四海之內皆兄弟。
我願以和平伴隨兄弟左右。


願和平從我開始,就是此時此刻。
願我的每一腳步,成為我莊嚴旳誓言。
把握每一分鐘並活在的每一秒鐘永恆的和平
讓世上充滿和平,從我開始

歌詞由吉爾
·傑克遜米勒和Sy米勒(1955)

    
願神祝福你平安、幸福、快樂
    我們有一個很幸福的一年。政哲一直努力在新工作,致潔正在努力成為一名職業媽媽。彥承一直穩步增長,並有月八個月。他可以自己坐,抓住一切,並用兩顆小牙齒咬東西。當彥承四月剛出生時,我們感謝家人的支持幫助我們
   
我們也開始參加我們當地的支會(以前在中文支會),並喜愛當初級會的教師。我們期待著明年的祝福

    在過去的一年,我一直在追求我的教育,主修電腦科學,動畫是重點。我也在楊百翰大學協助研究機械工程系和在大規模多用戶的AutoCAD系統的開發,並在我的業餘時間,推進工作組和個人軟件開發和動畫項目。我喜愛成為一個叔叔,彥承成長如此之快。期待聖誕假期和新年與家人共聚


    (致賢,蔡長老目前是耶穌基督後期聖徒的傳教士,服務於澳洲雪梨傳道部) 兩年來自先知的召喚,正滿一年的時間很珍貴。過去的一年在澳大利亞的新南威爾士州,若非經歷了如此充滿著艱鉅和挑戰的工作,我無法形容及感受這榮耀高貴受益的心路歷程。我感謝神託付給我責任和賜與的力量,使我在這段時間學到了這無比奇妙的工作的真理。(要知道甚麼是真理)首先必須去品嚐,然後你自己就能知道。感謝所有給我的支持的人。我非常愛你們

    過去一年飛快如箭!我成了一個阿姨,得到了我的第一份工作,跟哥哥去加州旅程,並在單身亞洲支會成為家庭家人晚會協調員。我今年做的最顯著的決定就是去傳教。自從女性傳教士年齡改為十九歲,我一直期待著去傳教。那時候我只有十七歲,我很興奮,但還要等兩年。今年我終於可以去傳教。儘管申請傳教的過程很繁雜,我很高興有機會要能夠在澳大利雪梨南區傳道部為神服務,跟表妹一起服務。我太興奮,太有福了
    福音是如此真實,天父真的對所有的兒女如此仁慈和有愛心!我很感激救主和祂的誕生和祂的贖罪的禮物。我知道,即使是在我們的困難時期,耶穌基督會在我們的每一步陪伴我們。聖誕節開始時,我希望我們都記得這個給我們的最神奇的禮物


    我在今年與哥哥姐姐,表弟妹相處幾天後回到了公立學校. 我很高興在 Parkland Magnet 中學遇到很多好學生及教師. 拿到好的成績並不用那麼容易,但卻很值得. 雖然無法與小學的同學那麼密切,但我還是能找到新的朋友
    我喜歡學期快結束的這那幾天. 我非常期待聖誕節及新年的到來



祝您闔家平安

聖誕快樂!新年快樂!
蔡家庭
格文、麗芳、致潔及政哲和彥承、致琦、致賢、致慧、致涵

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays 2023

中文版在英文版的下面 ↓↓↓ Dear family and friends, This year, many in our family had the opportunity to visit Taiwan. 2023 for our family included the newest baby, the passing away of a matriarch, and a blissful retirement. Li-Fang and I now have 6 beautiful grandchildren. We are grateful for family relations and blessings. Happy new year! We really enjoyed the visits from our two older daughters and their children. After Megan also came home for a month, we commenced a cross-country drive to Utah and California. We visited my brother, Tim, and his family, and San Francisco. Then we flew to Taiwan for a 2-week around-the-island tour, in which we visited over 100 people in over 50 places. By the way I retired from federal government service. While I do miss the amazing opportunities at NIST and the wonderful friends I made there, I am relishing my retirement, still teaching part-time at Montgomery College, keeping busier than before with more service, physical, and social a

Taiwan Island Trip: Part II

On Day 8, Brother Chen came again to pick us up to Brother Ge Guanping’s house in the morning. After treating us to dumplings and fruit, Brother Hu Rang, his neighbor, came over. We talked, took group pictures, and took a tour of the backyard orchard and the other four houses. They had built and planned their five houses to be built together. Brother Chen took us to the Shou Feng train station. We rode the train to Pingtung, where Li-Fang’s classmate, Li Guiyun, picked us up to her house. On Day 9, Li-Fang's friend took us to tour the Six Tribe Hakka Cultural Center. After lunch, she drove us to the Pingtung train station. We rode the train to the Tainan. After checking in at our AirBnb, we rode a taxi to visit Li-Fang’s aunt and her second cousin, Zheng Xiang. On Day 10, we met with our friend, Jobie Li. She drove us to Li-Fang’s dad’s columbarium to see his urn. We also went to the Tainan Confucius Temple and ate a very busy mall food court. Then she dropped us off at

Taiwan Island Trip: Part 1

We flew from San Franciso to South Korea, and then to Taiwan. At the Incheon Airport, we had a layover of about five hours. So we took our time to eat pho and to make origami silk squares at the cultural center. When we arrived at the Taoyuan Airport, the Chou's were waiting for us and ready to drive us to their home. On Day 2 of the Taiwan Island Trip, we ate a breakfast of meat cakes and fish soup with Vincent and Jean Chou. Then their whole family of 8 tooks in their minivan for a drive-by tour of Tsinghua University and TSMC. Then we toured the National Palace Museum, including an audio tour. Next, we enjoyed lunch at the museum restaurant. They drove us to the Taipei Temple Patron Housing. On Day 3, we attended the Taipei Temple. Jean and Vincent Chou joined us at the Temple. We also met President Carl Liang and Brother Fu'an Tsai. Afterwards, we were surprised to see the Pascual family outside the temple waiting for us. After lunch, they took us to Bali, whic